about

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Fitness Update and a Bit of This and That

Bismillah (In the name of Allah)


I've been wanting a camera for almost three years since I left mine to a dear friend in Egypt, which I never regret, alhamdulillah (Praised be Allah) on the contrary, I can't be any more content with her having a little something from me. I thought I would get my hands on a new one as soon as I had the opportunity but time went by and, not being a necesity, I still haven't bought it. A couples of days ago my husband and I decided that it's about time to make the purchase since we're going to have some extra money for such a mundane thing. My husband is not overly fond of picture taking but he knows how much I want it and the joy it would bring to me. It's going to be a couple more weeks till I acquire it and, of course, I will inshAllah be sharing photos here of my surroundings and the little things that I find amusing. Let's hope good things come from it.


On a different note, I've been keeping up with exercising and everytime I find it more enjoyable, alhamdulillah. I'm going to be trying some new exercises that aim at strengthening joints and knees. I had three pregnancies very close to each other and my knees and hips aren't in very good shape, to put it in nice words. So I'm very excited about my new finding and will incorporate it into what I do now; I've been doing cardio, core and strength training recently.


A few nights ago, out of the blue, everyone in the house decided to do some gymnastics. Simple things: summer saults, front flips- I did them with some assistance, of course. You have no idea how much fun it was; I felt alive to be doing such things that used to be part of my everyday life as a child but faded away slowly as I grew older till the point of vanishing. Of course, all the flexibility is gone and so is the bravery but the fun it's still the same. I really recommend it to anyone provided it won't cause damage to their heatlh.


It's cold outside but sunny. Right now I'm trying to decide between doing laundry or going out for a nice stroll around the neighbourhood. I don't think it should be a tough choice...

No comments:

Post a Comment